For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
1. Why a SharkLens Full Face Snorkel Mask?
The SharkLens full face snorkel mask is the best and most affordable full face snorkel mask on the market. The design makes the snorkeling experience more enjoyable and less uncomfortable under water.
- People are able to breath naturally under water unlike the traditional snorkel mask.
- Greater field of vision of up to 180 degrees.
- Dry Top system keeps water from entering the mask through the tube.
- Built-in safety valves in case water entered.
- The ergonomic design makes it perfect for long time use.
- Made of high quality silicone for excellent facial comfort.
2. WHAT SIZE MASK WILL FIT ME?
Refer to chart below on which size to choose.
Our Guarantee: We know sometimes selecting the right size mask can be difficult so we will refund 100% of your order in full plus the return shipping costs. See full refund policy.
3. HOW DOES SHARKLENS FULL FACE SNORKEL MASK WORK?
As long as the snorkel tube is above the water, the user can breathe naturally with both nose and mouth. (See illustration below)
If going underwater, the user has to hold his breath while the snorkel tube is submerged underwater. To start breathing naturally again, the snorkel tube has to be above water. The SharkLens mask has dry top system built in which will prevent water from entering the mask when the user is fully submerged. (See illustration below)
*This mask is not meant for freediving or spearfishing. Avoid diving below depths greater than 8ft.
4. CAN I HAVE A BEARD WHEN WEARING THE SHARKLENS FULL FACE SNORKEL MASK?
The SharkLens snorkel mask can perform at its best when used with a beard no more than 1 day old. The performance of SharkLens mask can be affected if it’s worn with long and/or thick beard as the silicone skirt of the mask won’t be in contact with your skin preventing a watertight seal.
5. HOW DO I PROPERLY CARE FOR THE SHARKLENS FULL FACE SNORKEL MASK?
- One of the most important things to AVOID is SAND.
- Always make sure that no SAND gets trapped on the mask and/or snorkel tube as it might scratch the window of the mask or clog the valves of the snorkel tube.
- If SAND gets trapped, rinse the snorkel tube and mask with water before assembling/connecting the snorkel tube to the mask.
- After use, disassemble the snorkel mask, wash the snorkel tube and mask with dish liquid, let air dry and store in the mesh bag that came with the snorkel mask.
6. HOW DO I LET WATER OUT OF THE FULL FACE SNORKEL MASK IN CASE IT LEAKED IN?
7. WHY CAN’T I USE SHARKLENS SNORKEL MASK FOR FREEDIVING OR SPEARFISHING?
Sharklens Snorkel Mask is specifically designed for surface snorkeling only.
This mask cannot be used for spearfishing nor free diving for the following reasons:
- When free diving or spearfishing there’s a lot of pressure that you need to equalize afterwards. One way to equalize the pressure, is by blowing through your nose gently to balance the pressure of the ears so you won’t pierce your eardrums. But with SharkLens Snorkel Mask, there is no way you can equalize because you can’t get to your nose.
- Spearfishing and freediving require you to be in a horizontal position when submerging in the water and the dry top system does not work with this kind of position.
- The air contained in the SharkLens Full Face Snorkel mask is much greater than the traditional snorkel mask. So the deeper you get in the water, the more uncomfortable it gets